Eel Sauce Recipe
It's super easy to make eel sauce with this recipe and it only takes a few minutes. Much better than store bought brands!
Pot for boiling water
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Mirin also known as Japanese sweet wine
- 1 ½ tbsp Sake optional
1. Once you have all ingredients measured, place the Mirin, Sake and Sugar into a small to medium sauce pan. Use a medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking continuously to make sure the sauce doesn't burn.
2. As soon as the sauce begins to boil add your Soy Sauce.
3. Once the sauce comes to a boil again, immediately turn down the heat and let it simmer for 10 more minutes whisking when needed. Remember, there is a lot of sugar which means the sauce can easily burn.
4. When 10 minutes has passed, turn off the heat and take the pot off the burner. Let it cool off before pouring the sauce into your container. That's it!